MedEd Journals & Publishing Opportunities
The AAMC Regional GEA (Groups on Educational Affairs) Medical Education Scholarship Research and Evaluation (MESRE) section, developed a revised version of the Annotated Bibliography of Journals for Educational Scholarship in March 2016.
Journal of Graduate Medical Education
– The Journal of Graduate Medical Education (JGME) disseminates scholarship and promotes critical inquiry to inform and engage the graduate medical education community to improve the quality of graduate medical education. It is a peer-reviewed, editorially independent journal published by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
– Academic Medicine is the official, peer-reviewed journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The journal’s areas of focus include: education and training issues; health and science policy; institutional policy, management, and values; research practice; and clinical practice in academic settings.
BMC Medical education
– BMC Medical Education is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles in relation to the training of healthcare professionals, including undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. The journal has a special focus on curriculum development, evaluations of performance, assessment of training needs and evidence-based medicine.
The Clinical Teacher (online only)
– The Clinical Teacher is the online journal for clinicians who teach and people who are involved in education in a health care setting. There are sections on specific teaching approaches, reports and evaluation of innovative learning activities, a digest of the latest research published in Medical Education and other relevant journals, reports of innovative thinking and advances in clinical teaching from around the world, and expert commentary and discussion on challenging and controversial issues in today’s clinical education.
– Medical Education is a peer-reviewed journal that welcomes high quality papers on all aspects of health professional education including: undergraduate education, postgraduate training, continuing professional development, interprofessional education.
Medical Education Online
– Medical Education Online is a peer-reviewed international Open Access journal for disseminating information on the education and training of physicians and other health care professionals.
– Medical Teacher features reports of innovation and research in medical education, case studies, survey articles, practical guidelines, reviews of current literature and book reviews. All articles are peer reviewed. It is the journal of the Association for Medical Education in Europe, an international association for all involved with medical and healthcare professions education.
– MedEdPORTAL Publications is a free, peer-reviewed publication service provided by the AAMC. They accept health education teaching and assessment resources. Modules submitted to Publications are considered “stand-alone” and complete, have been classroom tested and are ready for implementation by other users at their own institutions.
Teaching and Learning in Medicine
– TLM is an international, peer-reviewed journal for teaching and learning in the health professions.
Journal of Cancer Education
– This is an international, peer-reviewed journal that aims to improve current cancer education techniques and solve current problems that exist in educating patients, and strengthening existing programs. It serves as a source to educate physicians, dentists, nurses, students, social workers as well as other allied health professionals, patients, and the general public in various aspects of cancer education techniques and current problems.
Southern Medical Journal
– The SMJ is the official journal of the Southern Medical Association. It has a multidisciplinary focus, but the journal accepts medical education pieces in its section on Bioethics and Medical Education.