The UF Health Integrative Medicine Inaugural Conference and Workshop is scheduled to be held on March 14 and 15. This year’s conference, “Understanding the Mind-Body-Spirit Connection for Health,” offers the opportunity for healthcare practitioners to develop a deeper understanding of the science and research behind body-mind medicine.
- Irene M Estores, MD – Medical Director, UF Health Integrative Medicine Program
- Peter Wayne, PhD – Research Director, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Tammy Bernard, MEd – Uf Health Integrative Medicine Program
- Sharen Lock, MS, E-RYT-500 – Moffitt Cancer Center Integrative Medicine
- Frederic C Craigie, PhD – Associate Professor, Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School
Visiting Associate Professor, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, and
- Jill Sonke – Director, Center for Arts in Medicine, UF College of Fine Arts.
The conference portion will be held in the UF Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy (HPNP) Complex on March 14 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
The workshop, “Tai Chi’s Eight Active Ingredients for Health and Wellness,” will be taught by an internationally renowned Tai Chi teacher and researcher, and will be held on March 15 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM at Casa Micanopy. Lunch will be provided for both events.